Did president Trump incite a riot with his January 6, 2021 speech near the capitol building in Washington DC during his “Save America” Rally?
President Trump has been accused of “willfully inciting violence against the government of the united states” in articles of impeachment drafted by Representatives Lieu and Raskin and circulated by David Cicilline. The baseless charges in the articles were encouraged and incited by Nancy Pelosi who stated:
“In calling for this seditious act, the president has committed an unspeakable assault on our nation and our people,”
“Pelosi Gives Pence an Ultimatum as House Members Draft Articles of Impeachment“, The Daily Beast, Jan 7, 2021
True or False
False: The president did not incite a riot during his speech. Neither did he in any way encourage violence, break-ins or any other unlawful behavior. He only encouraged peaceful protest.
Degree of Certainty
- Nowhere in his speech does the president call for any type of violence or unlawful action. The media, democrats and other liars claiming he did are expecting either you won’t check or you won’t listen to his speech yourself to confirm that. But if you care to, his entire speech is echoed below. Listen for yourself.
- The President only calls for peaceful protests
Peaceful protests are a right acknowledged in the constitution of the united states. Listen specifically at these times:Time: 18:15
“Now it is up to congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. [Referring to the stolen election.] And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down, we’re going to walk down, any one you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the capitol. And we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women.”
“We have come to demand that congress do the right thing, and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated. Lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections.”
“My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country – and I say this despite all that’s happened – The best is yet to come. So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania avenue, (I love Pennsylvania avenue), and we’re going to the capitol. And going to try and give – the democrats are hopeless, they’re never voting for anything. Not even one vote. – But we’re going to try and give our republicans (the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help) we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you. And God – Bless – America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.”
- Evidence (below) shows Trump’s supporters – who were listening to his speech which started late and therefore ran late – were still walking to the capitol. Many have accused Trump supporters of being a part of the capitol break-in and violence. But due to the late speech, most were still making the 1.7 mile trek from the Ellipse to Capitol building. Agitators who broke in were not part of this group, and are widely suspected to be outside agitators or members of such group as Antifa or BLM.
- As it’s been pointed out, If the president had made such statements, why aren’t the lying main stream media playing it 24 x 7 as they do when they claim they have a “gotcha?” The reason they’re not playing it is because it doesn’t exist. But many who reject the MSM narrative have referenced the adage attributed to Nazi Joseph Goebbels “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.” That appears to be the strategy of the democrats and the main stream media regarding both the stolen election and the lie of the president inciting riots.
- Trump supporters stop a rioter trying to break a window
Trump supporters who see an agitator trying to break a window on the capitol building boo him, yell at him to stop, and identify him as “Antifa” (in shouts). Finally someone in a (MAGA?) red cap grabs him and pulls him off the window. If they’re trying to riot, and break-in, the Trump supporters don’t seem to have the right idea since they’re opposing it and stopping it. (Twitter) (Archive)
- Eye witness testimony and analysis by J Michael Waller, Senior Analyst for Strategy at the Center for Security Policy:
What I saw at the US Capitol on January 6. In reconstructing the confusion, I saw four different cells of organized militants. There was no incitement. The violence was planned. Here’s the long version of what I witnessed.
The linked article contains a detailed analysis – well worth reading if you’re interested in what really happened.
For further confirmation of the timeline of events, see this reconstruction of events as laid out by Alex Salvi. Please note the following items:
- Protesters began scaling walls and advancing to the building before President Trump’s speech was even finished at 1:11 PM. Thus Trump supporters who were listening to the speech could not have been involved in the initial advance to the building.
- Comments made by Trump about “fighting” are in the context of fighting legislatively – which is what the whole speech is about. He never mentions or advocates any kind of physical fight or violence.
- Some of taking issue with the president’s statement “we love you.” This was clearly directed to the peaceful protesters who attended his speech, not the violent protesters.
8. MAGA supporter seen trying to engage police to stop the rioters
Video from the Jan 6 incident shows a man in a MAGA hat yelling at police to call for backup and stop the attack. The police stand around and do nothing. It appears they were instructed to stand down and do nothing. (Echo below)
Echoes and References
President Trump’s speech at the “Save America” Rally, Jan 6, 2021
Time: 19:00 is where the president calls for peaceful and patriotic voices to be heard.
Below: Note the time line and Distance. (1.7 Miles about 42 min walk)
Trump supporters had not reached the capitol when the break-in occurred.Timeline of events. In the timeline Alex Salvi gives below, Protesters start advancing
toward the capital at about 1:06PM – before President Trump’s speech ends.
J Michael Waller: I saw four different cells of organized militants Article
Once again the lying media is backing up baseless claims made by lying democrats. The president did not incite riots, and in fact did nothing wrong. On the contrary, he rightfully pointed out the Democrat attempt to steal the 2020 presidential election, and rightfully calls for his supporters to help weak willed republicans to stop the steal by make making their voices heard. When he is informed of violence he makes multiple statements about remaining peaceful and respecting the police. Lying democrats and media want you to ignore those key facts.
♦♦♦ Updates ♦♦♦
1/13/2021 Eye witness testimony of J Michael Waller, Senior Analyst for Strategy at the Center for Security Policy added
2/11/21 MAGA hat guy implores police call for backup; they remain inactive
2/15/21 Link updates, Clarify item 1.